Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hello Alone

I have not been social in a while. Well that isn’t surprising. Eighty five percent of my life is spent in isolation, ten percent in close relationships, and only five percent for socializing. It would not be me, if I will be a social person. I tried to change my style. Unfortunately, I only come up with that ten percent.
I think most of the time, I am anxious of the world’s acceptance of my thoughts. So most of time I don’t let it slip off my mouth. I also felt that I am often different – against the flow type. When everyone’s singing Taylor Swift, I am listening to Paramore (you might think, who the hell that is?).
It’s sad sometimes. I felt no one understands me. At times when I’m excited, I find it hard to share it because nobody appreciates what I saw. Well that’s the price of being different.
So would I change for the world’s requirements? Nah, I am no pretender. Someday, I want to prove that some life theories are wrong.
P.S. Here are clips from the song by Anberlin - Hello Alone, enjoy! :)
Depression is the unholy ghost
In the coastal towns of ahead
Though I know a thousand names
I see my only friend
I've got the gun
All I need is ten cents for the bullet
I feel helpless, sleeping at best, waiting for your return
Are you ever coming home?
Is anybody out there?
Hello! Hello!
Broken hearts like promises are left for lesser knowns
Is anybody out there?
Alone! Alone!
Cause the coldest winters thrive on broken homes
Broken homes

No comments:

Post a Comment