Thursday, May 29, 2014

Push or Pull?

When you approach a door, how do you normally open it? Do you push or pull it? I tried to google it, but it gives me complicated searches and talks about success in general. It may be connected but for this instance, I like it to be simple and literal.

In my experience, when I walk with a group entering a room, I usually let them be ahead and figure out how the door works, so I save time thinking how to open it. In situations that I am alone entering a room with a glass door, I usually push it because it’s too heavy for my wobbly and weak arms. If the door is wooden, I pull. It’s lighter! :)


But what if the door sign says “pull” or “push”?

www.toprankblog.com

I am a type of person who’s obsessive about petty rules like this. If it says “push”, then push it, then if it’s “pull”, pull it. Though it may not be easy for my arms, I stick to what the sign instructs me. It’s just funny how some people react on this. Mostly, I observed that keep getting their way in by doing the opposite and the door make a noise, as if a human joint was twisted.

So what do I get about knowing how to open a door?

The thing is we are hard-headed beings. We often do things our way though there is already an instruction how to do it right. Then we get frustrated because the result is bad, and we whine about it.

I admit I am often guilty about this. I keep complaining about life in general. I read about a lot of inspirational books, articles, and I seek for people’s advice too. But I don’t do them. I keep doing my thing though I know a lot of ways to solve these short-comings! Yes, I’m so… I don’t know what the adjective to describe that.

Well there are days I am full of encouragement and days opposite of that and it’s just how it is. And for opening a door, I opt to follow the sign for an easier life. I’ll think more of important things than resist what it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment